What Do Vegetarians Eat?
If you follow some vegetarian tips, the question "What do vegetarians eat?" will be easily answered because there are plenty of healthy foods to eat in a vegetarian diet.
What do you think that vegetarians eat? Boring foods?? Tasteless foods?? Only vegetables?? Are they always hungry? Do they lack vitamins?
THE ANSWER IS NO!
Vegetarian meals can be delicious and there is a tremendous variety of tasteful, nutritious and healthy foods a vegetarian can eat. With a few vegetarian knowledges it can be easy to have a balanced diet.
So What Do Vegetarians Eat?
- Of course fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants, many nutrients and fiber
- Grains such as barley, corn, rice, millet, wheat..vegetarians can eat wide variety of bread, pasta and rice
- Nuts and seeds: Again there is a lot of choices. You can have it as a snack, sprinkle some seeds on top of your salad, yogurt, apple sauce...Try almonds, cashew, walnuts, pecan, pumpkin and sunflower seeds...
- Legumes and beans. They contain good fats and are a good source of protein. Try anasazi beans, black beans, black-eyed beans, chickpeas, lentils, lima beans, red kidney beans, split peas, soy nuts...
- in your soup, salad, rice
- as a snack (soy nuts are delicious!)
- in a stew with vegetables and tomato sauce
- make delicious hummus that you can spread on a whole grain cracker (mix chickpeas, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and sesame seeds. Put everything in a blender and enjoy!)
- prepares a refreshing salad by combining a can of lentils (well rinsed), feta cheese, black olives, garlic, pieces of cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil and oregano
- Soy products: soy cheese, soymilk and tofu are very popular. Try a smoothie with a mix of soymilk and your favorite fruits. Prepare a vegetarian spaghetti sauce by adding tofu, garlic, herbs and vegetables to tomato sauce
- Dairy products for lacto-vegetarians
- Eggs for ovo-vegetarians
And you can always spice up your vegetarian diet with condiments, herbs, spices and sauces.
Here Are Some Vegetarian Tips To Help You Achieve A Balanced Vegetarian Diet
- Variety is the key, and not only for vegetarians. Try different kinds of beans, different breads, introduce a new fruit, a new vegetables in your diet from time to time
- Add color to your meal so it won't be boring. For example add yellow pepper in a mixed beans salad
- Eat as much as raw and organic foods as possible
- Don't be afraid. Cooking vegetarian meals can be simple. Try a new recipe every week
- Take vitamins to ensure you a balanced intake of nutrients your body needs to function properly
- Use condiments, herbs and spices to give a boost of tastiness to the foods you prepare
- If your vegetarian diet includes dairy products, make sure you choose low-fat products
- Choose whole grains bread, pasta, rice...
Hoping to have answered the question "What do vegetarians eat?" If you need more infos feel free to contact me, it will be a pleasure to help you.
Back to Top
Return From What Do Vegetarians Eat To How to Become A Vegetarian
Return From What Do Vegetarians Eat To Home Page