You Wonder How To Cook Tofu?
Tofu can be marinated, fried, baked...But what is tofu? How to cook tofu and prepare delicious recipes? With some tips you'll find that cooking tofu is simple.
Tofu Is The Most Versatile Foods You Can Find!!
What Is Tofu And Tofu Nutrition Facts
- Tofu has no flavor on its own. Tofu takes on the flavors of foods with which it's combined
- It is made from soybean curd
- Tofu is easy to digest
- It is low in sodium
- ..low in fat
- Also low in cholesterol
- Can be silken, soft, firm and extra firm
- High in complete proteins
- High in calcium
- Contains many precious nutrients such as vitamin B2, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, zinc
How is Tofu, Soy Milk, Miso...Are Made?
- White liquid is extracted from cooked and pureed beans. This is soy milk. Soy milk can be used in every recipes that use cow milk
- Tofu comes from the curdling of soy milk
- Tempeh is made from cooked and fermented (24 hours) soy beans. Use as a meat substitute
- Miso is the pulp obtained with mashed and fermented soy beans for months
- Soya sauce: brined and fermented soy beans
Tips On How To Choose Tofu
- Silken tofu: Works well for sauces, dressing, mayonnaise, puddings,soups, smoothies
- Soft tofu: Half way between firm and silken tofu. Very easy to crumble . Use it in your vegetarian spaghetti sauce
- Firm tofu: Works well for baking, grilling, stir fry because it holds its shape
- ****You can also buy tofu that is already seasoned
How To Cook Tofu ; How To Use Tofu
Tofu has no taste so you can...
- Marinate sliced or diced firm tofu with your favorite dressing or soya sauce. Then grill diced marinated tofu on the BBQ or prepare a stir fry with lots of vegetables
- Crumbled tofu can be add to your spaghetti sauce. Sauté onion and crumbled tofu in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, vegetables and spices
- Prepare a delicious smoothie with 350gr of silken tofu, 2 cups of your favorite fruits, 1/3 cup of milk or soy milk and a little bit of honey or maple sirup. You can add ground flaxseed
- For a meat like texture, freeze tofu for a few days. Thaw at room temperature and squeeze out excess of water by wrapping tofu in a clean towel and applying pressure on it. Then add in any recipe that normally use meat
- Add soft tofu to your scrambled eggs
I hope you found an answer to:"how to cook tofu?" because tofu can be part of all stages of a menu: appetizer, soup, main dish and dessert.
Tofu = To consume without moderation!!!!!
Back to Top
Return From How To Cook Tofu To How To Become A Vegetarian
Return From How To Cook Tofu To Healthy Eating Home Page