Foods High In Magnesium...
Could You Name A Few?
Fatigue, loss of appetite, numbness, tingling, migraine, muscle cramps and so on are all magnesium deficiency symptoms. To get rid of those symptoms, make sure to eat plenty of foods high in magnesium.
Here Are Some Magnesium Facts
- In industrialized countries, even if serious deficiencies are rare, most adults don't consume the recommended quantity of magnesium
- By eating at least 5 serving of fruits and vegetables per day and whole grains it is possible to fill our needs of magnesium without too many problems...but...
- The problem is that we eat too much processed foods and processed foods don't contain much magnesium..it has been eliminated
- If you don't get enough magnesium you're more vulnerable to stress...and the more you are stressed out the more your need for magnesium will be. The assimilation of magnesium is then hampered by 2 hormones, adrenaline and cortisol and at this moment starts a vicious circle...fatigue, anxiety, insomnia, headache...
- Magnesium is an important constituent of bones
- Alcohols lower the level of magnesium
- Teenage girls, pregnant women and those taking oral contraceptives need more magnesium
- A good amount of magnesium will facilitate the delivery of oxygen to the muscles
- People with kidney disease should not take magnesium supplements without consulting a doctor
- If you already take a high quality supplement of calcium chances are that it contains magnesium because they're working together...remember, organic form of magnesium such as gluconate or citrate magnesium will be more easily assimilated by the body
- Helps to regulate proper calcium metabolism
- Acts on the relaxation of the muscles, including your heart
- It helps to regulate blood pressure, sugar levels in blood and intestinal transit
- Can relieve premenstrual syndromes
- Prevents osteoporosis, heart attacks
- It helps to maintain the proper functioning of the nervous system
- Helps to produce and transport energy
- Can help with migraine, insomnia, depression
- Magnesium can improve concentration and behavior in children with ADHD
Foods High In Magnesium
- Legumes, soybeans
- Nuts, almonds, peanuts..
- Dark chocolate...50 grams provide 55 mg of magnesium...cocoa is rich in magnesium...have a treat!
- Brewer's yeast
- Dark green vegetables such as spinach, avocado..
- Bananas, raspberries..
- Pumpkins and pumpkins seeds
- Dried fruits
- Wheat germ, whole grains, brown rice
As you can see it's easy to find foods high in magnesium...no more excuses!
Return from Foods High In Magnesium to Minerals
Return to Healthy Eating Home page