Food For Skin Can Be The Solution
For A Glowing Skin
How to get healthy skin? By choosing chemical free cosmetics and by eating plenty of food for skin. The best foods for skin, I mean foods for healthy skin, are easy to incorporate to your daily diet.
Certain foods are good against premature aging skin. To have a healthy skin diet is very important because what you put on your plate is even more important than the products that you use and put on your face!
But don't get me wrong...to use good and high quality products for your skin (face and body) is primordial but a balanced and healthy eating diet is the key to your global health, your skin's health included.
READY TO HAVE A HEALTHY SKIN DIET?
Let's Have A Look At The Food For Skin That You Can Easily Incorporate To Your Everyday Diet
- Almond: Contains vitamin E and zinc which are often used in skin care products. Hydrates your skin. Helps to fight against free radicals that oxidize the tissue and make the skin wrinkles
- Apple: "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" and gives you a beautiful skin as it helps brighten your skin and purifies pores. Eat the whole apple to benefit 100% from its virtues
- Berries: Blueberry is full of antioxydants and an excellent anti-aging fighter...but all berries contain iron, which helps to regenerate the skin, copper which is involved in the production of collagen that allows the skin to remain smooth and youthful, and manganese which is good against wrinkles
- Carrots: Full of carotenoids (pigments responsible for orange, red and yellow color ), especially betacaroten, which are antioxidants that reduce damage to the skin due to pollution and sun exposure. Carrots juice contains phosphorus which participates in the regeneration of tissue
- Citrus: Full of antioxidants and vitamins! They promote wound healing, they soothe reactive skin, help to have a glowing skin and stimulate the production of collagen which keeps the skin firm, smooth and youthful
- Cress: High source of antioxidants and minerals. Slows the collapse of the skin and boost the reserve of collagen
- Curcuma:Curcumin, which is responsible for the yellow color of curcuma (tumeric) is an antioxidant that have anti-aging and anti-inflammatory recognized properties. Cinnamon, ginger and rosemary are also known to be helpful to the skin
- Dark Chocolate: Cocoa hydrates, smoothes and helps the skin elasticity. It's full of antioxidants. Cocoa is rich in phosphorus, zinc (wound healing), magnesium (stimulates blood circulation, nourish your hair), and in vitamin B2 (repair the skin)
- Foods rich in vitamin B: Fight against dry skin. Eat plenty of rice, sunflower seeds, oatmeal, yeast, wheat bran, alfalfa
- Grape: Grape skin contains resveratrol which heelps to fight against wrinkles, spots and sagging skin. Grape contains vitamin C which is good against free radicals
- Green Tea: Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, sagging skin and gives you a glowing skin. Can prevent skin cancer
- Olive Oil: Full of polyphenols which are antioxidants and anti-inflammatory that protect the skin against oxidative stress
- Pomegranate: If you press the seeds and the white membrane of the fruit you'll obtain pomegranate juice which improves blood circulation and protects your cells
- Salmon: Full of omega 3, proteins and minerals that make it a good lubricant that helps soften, nourish and repair your hair and skin. Also good for your nails
See my homemade skin care recipes page
for other uses of these foods.
Finally to take advantage of all these foods you should choose them fresh and raw as they contain lot of nutrients good for your skin.
Back to Top
Return from Food for Skin to Anti Aging Skin Care Tips
Return from Food for Skin to Healthy Eating Home Page