Are The Benefits Of Being Vegetarian Worthwhile?
Are there any benefits of being vegetarian? If you are overweight, suffer from blood pressure, have a heart condition, cholesterol and so on, you sure can enjoy the benefits of vegetarian diet and the benefits of soya.
Several scientific papers show that vegetarians have certain advantages compared to the general population.
Facts and Benefits Of A Vegetarian Diet
- A vegetarian diet can be nutritionally adequate
- Vegetarians often have lower body mass index (BMI)
- Vegetarians eat less fat than meat-eater
- Vegetarianism is pro-animals and pro-environment
- Vegetarians eat much more fiber rich foods
- Promote a longer life
- Vegetarian diet will help your body flushing out toxins
- You'll avoid exposure to hormones present in animal
More Facts And Benefits
- Vegetarian diets lower cholesterol and by the same time decreased the chance of having heart diseases
- Lower blood pressure
- Can prevent cancer
- A vegetarian diet will satisfy your hunger because of the high dietary fiber
- Can prevent chronic diseases
- Can diminish bone loss
- Promote easier digestion
- Can improve your skin complexion; foods in a vegetarian diet are rich in antioxidants and water
Facts And Benefits of Soya
- Soya contains isoflavones that act as phytoestrogens
- Soy isoflavones can prevent bone loss (when you consume a lot of animal proteins, more calcium is excreted in your urine)
- Soy is very rich in protein of high quality
- Soy helps to relieve menopausal symptoms (symptoms such as hot flashes and night sweats are caused by low estrogen levels; soy isoflavones act like estrogens and may help to decrease symptoms)
You don't have to be 100% vegetarian .... with a semi-vegetarian diet you'll see the overall health improvement for sure!
Back to Top
Return From Benefits Of Being Vegetarian To How To Become A Vegetarian
Return To How To Healthy Eating Home page