Did You Take Your Nutritional Vitamin Supplements This Morning?
Because it pays to take nutritional vitamin supplements....think of it for a moment...are you sure you are getting all the nutrients you need?
High quality vitamin will provide the nutrients needed for an optimal health.
Because you just don't want to be healthy, you want to be super
healthy don't you?
To have a balanced diet, with lot of fruits, vegetables, whole grains is a very good first step.
- because of the depletion of soil, which means that if the nutrients aren't in soil, they're not in the foods either!
- because of the fast food and sugar we eat too much
- because of the air pollution, water pollution
- because of the stressful life we have
- because of the damage caused by the sun
we should take nutritional vitamin supplements to keep our cells healthy, to prevent oxidation stress, which leads to cells damage, which leads to chronic diseases.
Insufficient vitamin intake is apparently a cause of chronic diseases. Recent evidence has shown that suboptimal levels of vitamins (below standard), even well above those causing defiency syndromes, are risk factors for chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer and osteoporosis. A large portion of the general population is apparently at increased risk for this reason.
-Dr Robert Fletcher and Dr Kathleen Fairfield
2002 edition of Journal of the American Medical Association
Not convinced yet?
Here Are Some Facts About Nutritional Vitamin Supplements That You Might Want To Know
- A vitamin is an essential organic substance that is needed in very small quantity for growth and proper functioning of the body
- Each vitamin plays a role and work best when they work together
- Beta-caroten, vitamin C, vitamin E have been studied the most
- Vitamins don't provide energy. They help your body to use energy coming from the food you eat
- Fruits and vegetables contain lot of vitamins, antioxydants
- Nutritional vitamin supplements don't replace a healthy and balanced diet. They complete what's found on your plate
- Vitamins allow certain reactions to occur. Vitamin D helps calcium absorption, vitamin C promotes the use of iron
- Bioavailability which is the % of a dose that can be absorbed by the body and utilised by the cells is very important. That's what make the difference between high quality supplements and others
- High quality nutritional vitamin supplements, manufactured according to Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP), which means a control of the quality is present at all stages of the manufacturing process, are safe
- With GMP you can be sure that what's on the label is what's in the bottle
- Be aware that low cost supplements sold at the grocery store or drugstore almost always don't follow GMP
- Only vitamin A and Iron can cause toxicity problems if taking in high doses. More to come on this...
- To function properly your body needs, everyday, 59 nutrients, including vitamins (13) and minerals
- By taking vitamins you will probably feel better, but vitamins and minerals also protect you against cardiovascular diseases, cancer, Alzheimer's disease, osteoporosis, diseases that you can't feel but that can be there
There Are 2 Categories Of Vitamins:
Fat soluble vitamins which are
and Water soluble vitamins which are
Taking high quality nutritional vitamin supplements
is now part of my daily routine. My family and I are taking vitamins since 2006. My sons get less frequent cold and the symptomes are less severe which means no need to take antibiotics
. I suffered from seasonal allergies for a long time. My immune system is now stronger...no more seasonal allergies!
My older son and I both have a genetic and rare disease called Pili Torti Monilethrix also known as "Twisted hairs". Taking supplements really improve our hair's condition.
Having a long life is one thing, having a long and healthy life is another...I believe that investing a few dollars a day is worth it...don't you think?
Do You Take Nutritional Vitamin Supplements?
Do you have a great story about how vitamins help to improve your health? We would like to hear about it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Back to Top
Return From Nutritional Vitamin Supplements to Healthy Eating Home Page